Dock at shore or drive along it… Port Sanilac offers a peaceful retreat settled on the water’s edge in the heart of The East Ports. Whether looking to enjoy a meal, peruse an eclectic array of downtown shopping, take in the music and markets, or just head for the waves. Port Sanilac keeps the harbor light on for you any time of year.
Here is a quick video overview of our great little village…
Here is an overview of what you can do while you’re here…
We have fun shops, fabulous dining, and beautiful lakeshore. You’re on vacation; take some time, look around, enjoy your stay. We’re glad you’re here!
You can view/download an abbreviated Tour Port Sanilac Brochure here.
Charming Attractions To See:
Port Sanilac Lighthouse
Sanilac County Historic Museum
Port Sanilac Harbor
Port Sanilac Marina
The Barn Theatre
Blue Water Winery
Fun Things To Do:
Come Summer With Us In Port Sanilac!
Let Port Sanilac be your Michigan vacation destination.
In the heart of the East Ports, Port Sanilac is a great place to bask in the sun, swim, sail, boat, fish, dive, backpack, golf, or camp out along the lake; making it like no other place else in Michigan.
Visiting or moving here will allow you to experience the sweet easy flowing days, in quiet, cozy, quaint, Port Sanilac, Michigan, on the United States side of Lake Huron. And while here you’ll be able to reflect & meditate & contemplate in order to revitalize, rejuvenate, regenerate or and/or restore your well-being.
Port Sanilac is a magical place where you can either relax or enjoy a plethora of activities all just a stone’s throw away from Lake Huron.
Driving to Port Sanilac, you have two routes you can take. One route takes you on a scenic drive along Lake Huron through several small towns along M-25. The other route takes you through several small towns primarily viewing the beautiful and peaceful countryside all the way, via M-46.
Once in Port Sanilac, the scenery includes miles of sandy beach, restaurants that offer a variety of food and drink, places to stay including campsites, and cabins for rent located right on the beach. There are a variety of places to stay in and near Port Sanilac. Most have a short walk to the beach… some are equipped with a swimming pool, kitchen, satellite TV, Internet, air-conditioning, screened-in porches, on-site laundry facilities.They are also kept very clean and well maintained.
The downtown area has a lot of great things going on, and charm. While walking down main street you can catch a few whiffs of some great smelling food from the nearby restaurants. Some of those restaurants include The Stone Lodge and The Van Camp House.
In the summer, the weather is warm and pleasant from May to October. Come enjoy the peace and quiet of the area without having to worry about the time. Catch up on all that reading that you’ve have been neglecting and enjoy the scenery that beautiful Lake Huron offers. Port Sanilac is also well known for their festivals and music events that happen throughout the summer.
We hope that you make Port Sanilac a part of your upcoming plans… enjoy your stay… and please come back again. You might even consider making The Village of Port Sanilac your permanent home.
View Our Village Of Port Sanilac Calendar: here.
Get Our Village Of Port Sanilac Newsletter Emailed To You:
Sign Up Here!
* HELP WANTED *
• The Downtown Development Authority is seeking a social media marketing specialist. Must have experience in marketing with facebook, twitter, and Google+. The ideal candidate will have great communication skills, with experience in all forms of marketing, online, print, radio and TV. Please submit your resume to:
• The Downtown Development Authority is seeking a part time administrative assistant. This position requires great communication skills, must be proficient with Microsoft office. Experience with event planning is a plus, please submit your resume to:
* Announcements *
• The Village of Port Sanilac Downtown Development Authority is looking for new members. If you’re interested send your contact information to:
• Interested in holding an event, but need assistance? The Village of Port Sanilacs’ DDA may be able to help! Please fill out the form, and email to and your request will be discussed at the next DDA meeting: DDA Request for Funding Form.
* Notices *
• If you have an event that you would like posted on our online calendar of events, please email it to:
• Are you looking for available vacation rentals in the area? If so, the following links for rental/vacation homes in Port Sanilac will help find the place for you: HomeAway Port Sanilac - VRBO Port Sanilac